And the Winner Is... Karl Rove (Updated)
If there's a leak out of my administration, I want to know who it is. If the person has violated law, that person will be taken care of.Well and good. Rove may have outed Valerie Plame deliberately in retaliation for Joseph Wilson (her husband) not towing the party line, or he may simply have spoken with extremely poor judgment, but that should be for a jury to decide.
George W. Bush -- February 11, 2004
So now Mr. President you have a choice. You can put up by ensuring that the coming indictment isn't obstructed by you, the Justice Department, or your Republican lackeys in congress. Or... you can SHUT THE FUCK UP!
[2005/07/11, 11:42 PDT]
From the N.Y. Times:
Keep up hte good work ;~0
1. Valerie Plame wrote a memo suggesting the CIA send her husband. Hardly the action of a "covert" agent.
2. Joe Wilson referenced the CIA sending him (since his wife was the one recommending, it can be argued he mentioned her first).
3. Walter Pincus wrote an article in June, 2003 (a month before Novak's article) citing "an analyst at the CIA" - which was obviously Plame.
4. A Senate investigation showed Joe Wilson was a liar and produced Plame's memo.
5. Rove doesn't meet the elements of the crime of "outing an undercover agent"...
6. This will die an ugly death like all other Bush-hating witchhunts.
7. Liberals will continue to lose until they get back in touch with reality.
One thing's for sure, McClellan is going to look like the double-talking shill that he is for shooting his mouth off in 2003.